Time Frame: Full-Time - 35 Hours per week (Blended Work Week)
Compensation: Salary + Mandatory Benefits
Location: 10 Gillingham Drive, Suite, 308, Brampton, ON
African Community Services is seeking to hire an Organizational Capacity Building Specialist to assist the Organization in responding to new and emerging service orientation needs challenges due to Covid 19. The incumbent will work with the agency management to modernize and identity service adaptation needs and processes including conducting a review of the agency’s succession management, organizational and programming structure. Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent will perform the following duties among others.
• Conduct a comprehensive SWOT analysis of the agency including environmental and programming structure.
• Identity possible opportunities and risks and make recommendations for mitigating those risks.
• Develop a senior management succession plan with implementation benchmarks.
• Identify strategies for modernizing ACS’ administrative, management and programming structure.
• Develop and streamline staff progression policy and structure.
• Review and recommend program inputs to ensure achievement of projected program outcomes.
• Identify and recommend service modernization strategies including strategies related to remote/blended service provision, program monitoring, and technology tools etc.
• Work with the Executive Director in reviewing ACS’ funding structure and make recommendations for fund diversification and enhancement.
• Research and recommend service data web-based collection and management tools.
• Identify, recommend and assist the Executive Director in executing ACS’ brand visibility Plan.
• Work with the Executive Director in ensuring ACS’ compliance with AODA and the Ontario Not for Profit Act.
• Provide other services and carry out other duties in support of the position as required.
• Relevant Knowledge and at least 3 years-experience in senior Organizational Capacity Building roles.
• Enhanced knowledge of Not for Profit Organizational services and programs.
• Demonstrated experience in conducting SWOT analyses and in making requisite recommendations.
• Demonstrated experience in organizational capacity building and programming work.
• Knowledge and awareness of organizational modernization strategies including those related to technology in blended and remote work environments.
• Ability to work flexible hours and to be self- driven.
• Excellent knowledge of non-profit policy development and legal compliance issues.
• Sensitivity to issues faced by equity seeking communities including the black/African community.
• Excellent computer /internet skills.
• Ability to work independently and with others. Strong ability to take and give constructive feedback.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Work, Outlook and Excel including clear and concise writing skills.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Please send cover letter and resume as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Phone Calls Please.
Closing Date: August 17, 2023
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.